Monday 6 January 2014

Chocolates. A mess but a great gift

This year for Christmas, I decided to not only give regular gifts. I decided to make my parents and brother boxes of chocolates. Because who doesn't need extra time in the kitchen?
I had to work a ton in the week before Christmas so it turned into 6 o'clock wake ups to crank out chocolates before work, which aided in the making of a GINORMOUS mess
(Art really.)

I made 6 varieties of chocolates and I got more excited about every variation as I tasted them. (I can't possibly give away chocolates without trying them! And eating the 'damaged' ones. Obviously)

The six varieties were:

Hazelnut praline.
Amarula.
Malibu and coconut.
Mango and red pepper.
Dulche de Leche.
Popping candy.

The popping candy chocolates were an absolute nightmare to make. But oh my goodness WHAT fun! I felt very cheffy! (my brother was disappointed I didn't make the popping candy myself, but then again he didn't have to deal with my moods after four 6 o'clock mornings. (and yes, it led to me having a nervous breakdown over damage to the gingerbread windmill I transported over 200km to my parents. Distraught doesn't begin to describe how my poor, sleepdeprived self felt.)

I must say, I am happy how the chocolates turned out. And I am a little bit in love with seahorse shape! 




No comments:

Post a Comment