Sunday 12 January 2014

Le Whoops..

Went to visit my parents and forgot my iPad which pretty much holds all my recipes, so blogging was not happening! 

But now the theme fits the title; le whoops. This Christmas I decided to bake my own Stollen. (or as we call it in Dutch kerststol or kerstbrood (simply, Christmas bread) When I was younger my grandmother always brought Stollen from Germany when she went to visit the Christmas markets. Sadly this tradition has long since ended so now we buy from several stores. However, since I was baking my behind off, I decided 'Lets make something complicated you never tried before!'. 
You might have guessed. Disaster. I followed an old recipe and as usually happens when I follow a recipe, it all went to hell in a hamdbasket. My dough didn't rise, didn't bake and then Iover baked it and it went crumbly.
But.. It tasted divine. Luckily for me, we eat the same bread for Easter, so take II will come sooner than later

(still looks half decent, no?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment