Monday 13 January 2014

Recipe time! Ultimate cookie recipe time!

Yes, I finally got up from the sofa to grab my recipe binder to bring you the recipe of my divine cookies!
Thanks to my lovely friend Mimi, I know have a photo of the store bought cookies as well!
Just so you know where the inspiration came from!!

Cookies (makes about 100)

420g plain flour (3 cups)
2 teaspoons baking powder
200g granulated sugar (1 cup)
225g butter. Cold and cubed.
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla aroma or extract.

Preheat your oven to  and cover your baking tray(s) with baking paper
Sift the flower with the baking powder and set aside. Mix the sugar with the butter until nice and creamy, add the egg and the aroma and mix until incorporated. Add the flower and mix until just combined. Gently knead until you can form a nice ball. Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.

Roll on a lightly floured surface until about 4mm thick. (the thicker the dough the longer it needs to bake and vice versa). I used a shot glass as a cookie cutter, because that seemed like the ideal cookie size to me, but you can use whichever you like! Place your cookies on the baking tray(s) and place them in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking.
Bake for 10-15 minutes (oven and cookie thickness dependent) until lightly golden brown.
Remove tray from oven, leave cookies to cool for a few minutes and then place them on a cooling rack. (they need to cool down completely before putting the icing on).

Frosting (for about 50-60 cookies)

300 grams white chocolate (chopped)
170 grams butter
1 sachet vanilla sugar
Powdered sugar (to consistency)
Milk (to consistency)

Melt the chocolate, let cool slightly. Cream the butter and add cooled chocolate, add vanilla sugar. Mix at low speed. Then bit by bit add milk and powdered sugar until you reachyour desired consistency. For this recipe, I left the frosting on the firmer side. (When I tried piping it, it burst my piping bag, that firm, I could mould it into balls with my hands).

Decorate cookies

Candy balls (or as we call it in Dutch 'disco')
Cookies
Frosting 

Roll little balls of the frosting and press them out to discs on the cookies, press the cookies (frosting side down) into the disco et voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment