Thursday 26 March 2015

Easter traditions

Everyone ready for Easter weekend? I couldn't think of any actual big Dutch Easter traditions that are commonplace through the whole country. Except for one, and that is the Easter branch. In most houses you will find a branch (usually twisty, a willow or a hazel) decorated with brightly coloured Easter eggs, Easter bunnies etcetera. My mother planted one branch in our garden after our first Easter in the house and it has since grown into a fairly ginormous bunch of branches, so every year I pick the nicest and take them to my place. You pay big bucks for them in the store, so I am more than happy for my mum's little plantation
Pruning and branch cutting in process
Branches everywhere
The finished product.

And some other decoration around my house (yes I am a sucker for cheap deocration crap)



Hope you all have a lovely Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment