Tuesday 3 March 2015

Ten things about me, which may surprise you

Time to get to know me a little bit better

1. Fears

I don't have many fears but I am absolutely terrified of snakes and rollercoasters. And owls, I can't deal with owls.

2. Cheese

My love for cheese is well documented. However, I don't like ALL cheese. Old hard cheeses are generally not my thing.  

3. Jobs

When I was younger I wanted to be an architect or interior designer, before that a (helicopter) pilot and when I was really young, the chief of the fire brigade. Because chiefs get to ride shotgun. 

4. Sports

I love sports of all types, from ski jumping and biathlon to rugby and tennis, plus everything in between. However not many people now I fenced for a couple of years. So don't tick me off when there are swords around. 

5. Food

I have two weird food allergies; my body does not agree with carrots and beets.

6. Oddities

I consider myself a down to earth Dutchie. There is a Dutch saying 'be yourself, that's crazy enough'. But despite all my Dutchness, I am horribly, incredibly, enormously supersticious. I spit over my shoulder, I throw salt over my shoulder if I spill it, am eternally knocking on wood, and I've been carrying around my lucky peseta for years and years.

7. Collections

I collect boxes. Not cardbord boxes, but cute little boxes. Wood, stone, lava even. 

8. Wishes

I would LOVE to fly in an Apache helicopter. In general I want to fly in a helicopter, but Apaches fascinate me. My love for helicopters comes from watching Airwulf as a kid. 

9. Name

I'm really weird about my name, because people rarely actually call me by my name. It's usually some variety or just terms of endearment (which are usually also quite odd, as my borther and I call each other 'Paat', derived from paard, which means horse.)

10. Bucketlist

Despite not being able to run anymore, I still really want to do an extreme marathon one day. Lets chalk it up to 'hope is last to die'. Well or "de-nial not just a river in Eqypt"..

Anyway, those were a few oddities from me, about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment