Thursday 26 March 2015

Thank you

I want to take this day, this moment, to say a heart felt and profound thank you.

Thank you to all the people in my life who make me laugh.
Thank you to all the people who let me retreat to my island when I can't muster the energy to be around them, but also drag me off it when I need not to be alone.
Thank you to the people who take care of me when I can't do it alone.
Thank you to the people who offer to hear me out.
Thank you to the people who offer me advice without telling me what to do.
Thank you to the people who are literally on the other side of the world but feel like they are beside me every day.
Thank you to the people who have taught me how to be a better friend, a better daughter, a better sister, a better me.
Thank you to the people who accept me and my flaws, and who don't try to change me, but maybe smooth my edges.
Thank you to the people who know how to push me, and do so, sometimes without even knowing.
Thank you to the people who hold me back when I push too hard.
Thank you to the people who inspire me.
Thank you to the people who show me how fortunate I am.
Thank you to the people who stuck around through the good, the bad and the ugly.
Thank you to the people who gave me a second chance.
Thank you to the people who have entered but also left my life, you represent life lessons, you represent a part of me.
Thank you to all the people I don't personally know but who have touched me through their words and actions.

Most of all, thank you to my parents. I could never properly express how much your love and care means to me. Tucking me in on the sofa when I don't feel well, bringing me flowers out of the blue, spoiling me like a princess even when I really don't deserve it and making my life that little bit easier in every way you can.


Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment